Sleeping with Schubert - Bonnie Marson

Sleeping with Schubert: The Musical Companion to the New Novel by Bonnie Marson
Review: Sleeping with Schubert- Bonnie Marson-2004


"Help, I have the spirit of Schubert living inside of me". The words of Liza Durbin. Christmas shopping can be stressful for everyone, on one shopping expedition at Nordstrom's this Christmas Liza's life as she knew it was about to change. Nineteenth century composer Franz Schubert is looking for a body to inhabit and he has chosen Liza, a twenty-first century lawyer. Soon Schubert has Liza pounding out symphonies after symphonies, when Liza is heard and accepted into Julliard things seem as though they are looking up. However, when Liza is stuck with the notion that Schubert won't leave her body she is worried that if she tells somebody they will cart her off to the Looney bin. Will Liza ever get her own body back or has Schubert decided to take up residency? A fun story about a modern day female lawyer whom has the spirit of a nineteenth century male composer living inside of her. Sleeping with Schubert is a read that will be enjoyed by all and parts are a mixture of Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella with a hint of the film Kate and Leopold.

Looking at Covers , I had the cover that I used for the main image which is actually the reason I picked up the book is that I really liked the cover. Comparing the covers , if I had seen it with the below cover I would not have picked up this book and would have missed out on a great story.

AUTHORS : This shows how much a cover can increase the readership of the book , I know that we are not supposed to be a Judge by the cover nation but unfortunately 8/10 times we are.

Comments

  1. How right you are, Paula. My own book was published with a cover that made it appear as a religious tome (the title, Breaking Faith, probably caused this) I had words with the publisher and designed my own cover, which is much more suitable for a romantic thriller. Made an amazing difference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid