Wer'e Doing the Book Blog Hop


How's Your week been ? Mine's Been Good , Check out my new Posting about Spy Books for Children and Teens In the Literary Musings of the Phantom Paragrapher . It is titled "A New Generation of Heroes" inspired by the release of the movie based on the series by John Marsden "Tomorrow When the War Began".

Today's Question :

This week's question comes from:
Sarah @ SarahReadsTooMuch
                                                          Do you judge a book by its cover?

I know that we are supposed to be living in a "do not judge a book by it's cover" society , but I am one that falls guilty of this , not all the time but the majority . If the book is by an author that I througholy enjoy and have read all their books , I don't judge it by their cover but if it is a book that I haven't heard of or an author then I have to admit I do judge the book by the cover , I can't help it "I Love Pretty Covers". So in terms of generalisation about judging books by covers I'd have to say 60% of the time I do and 40% of the time I don't.

                                                                 Questions for the Readers
                                            
                                                   1) Do you judge a book by the cover ?
                                                  2) What is the most gorgeous book cover you have seen ?

Comments

  1. Hi, just found you through the Hop... and I'm so glad I did! Your blog is a lot different than the others I've seen around the net, I love it! I'm one of your newest followers. Hope you have a great weekend, and feel free in your spare time to check out my own blog - www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do judge a book by it's cover. It catches my attention, gives me a few hints about the book. The best cover I can remember so far is Phantom of the Opera. It's so simple yet classy and it really gives me an idea of what the book is about. Dropping by via the hop. :) I'm also a new follower. Hope you can drop by Cladestine Sanctuary Have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) I'm the same. If I know the author and have read their previous books, they're covers can be horrible and I'll still buy the book. Hope you enjoy your weekend!!
    Hope you Hop by my site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I noticed you on the book blogs ning site as well as the hop, and I thought I'd stop by to say Hi!
    I also tend to judge books by their cover, although I doubt I could pick a favorite. Too many great ones! Although, I have noticed that the YA genre seems to put a LOT better looking covers on their books than the adult... Not always, but often.

    Anyway, I'm excited to continue looking around!

    Ashley @ Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashley - I agree with you , for some reason YA books have more amazing covers than some of the adult books that are released . Maybe it's because they think that adults aren't judge by the cover people -little do they realise that no matter how old we get , we all still have the tendency to judge books by their covers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid