A Blue So Dark - Holly Schindler

I have always had a thing for reading Teen Books that go out of the ordinary boxes of Teen YA Fiction and tend to head towards novels with Edgy Content. Today's book is a teen one I discovered at the library and touches on the issue of Schizophrenia.

                                                          A Blue So Dark

                                Review : A Blue so Dark - Holly Schindler - May 2010

A Blue so dark , when I picked up the book I had no idea what it was about, I just had to have it and take it home to read as I loved the cover and the fact that it was a new teen book in the library. As I started reading it , I knew I was in for a treat as ever since I was younger and read Melody Carlson's book "Finding Alice" , I love reading books about Mental Illnesses and A Blue so dark turned out to be the story of Aura who has to take care of her schizophrenic mother and soon Aura discovers that maybe it is the art that has caused her mother to get worst and soon everybody is pushing Aura towards Art but to her Art=Going Schizophrenic.  As the novel progresses we soon discover that Mental Illnesses ran on her mother's side as her Grandfather also suffered from it. Can Aura see that she isn't going to turn out crazy and that even though her and her mother are so alike in other ways, it does not mean they are alike 100% .
A novel that every teen should read and is a raw emotional tale of one girls journey to try and save her mother when it seems the rest of the world has given up.



Comments

  1. I just got this thanks to a friend. I like teen books that push the boundaries a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nic -A few of my favourite authors that push that boundary are Melody Carlson and Ellen Hopkins as well as Laurie Halse Anderson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid