We're Doing the Book Blogger Hop :)

Its that time again and OMG what a hectic past two days I have had -talk about exhausting and part of that includes sleeping patterns of 22hrs awake , 5 Hours Sleep and Still awake .

Today's Question:

"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"



                                                                    Today's Answer:

For Me , Im all about the plot - I always read the blurb/synopsis of a book before picking it up and then once I start reading it , if the story fails to have a plot or storyline that can hook me , then it's bye-bye book and onto the next one.  One that I read that had this experience where I was excited to read it but found I couldn't as it didnt seem to have a solid plot was "Songs of the Humpback Whale" by Jodi Picoult- though in saying that I have read everything else she has written including the remake of the Wonder Women comic . However in reflection to her work, I found out that this was her first book that had been written, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Comments

  1. HI stopping by to say happy holidays. I say both love a good plot but love characters that grab especially a sarcastic sense of humor.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just dropping by from the hop. :)

    Have a nice weekend!

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with plot. :) The most solid answer to this question but it's still on someone's preference. Anyway, read my answer in Clandestine Sanctuary.

    I'm an old follower. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer characters over plot. But both are important. Happy Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hopping by! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I prefer characters to plot, but both are important. Drop by to see my answers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid