Review : Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters - Natalie Standiford



Friday's book is one that I have been waiting to read and I was so excited when I saw it come into the library this morning, that I ditched the book I was reading, It wasn't going anywhere fast and it was one I was disappointed in and of course my philosophy is that their are so many more amazing books to read, why waste your time on ones that don't interest you.

"He’s jealous. Oh my God, he’s jealous, that’s so great! ...I’ve never made a guy jealous before. I feel so powerful."

"Just remember, there’s cute jealous and there’s Othello."

- Lane and Rory discuss Lane's womanly wiles




Confessions Of The Sullivan Sisters

Review: Confessions of The Sullivan Sisters - Natalie Standiford - September 2010

As soon as I saw this book reviewed on a blog, I knew I just had to read it -not just because I enjoy Natalie Standifod as a writer but also because the storyline sounded intriguing. Meet the Sullivan Sisters - Norrie, Jane and Sassy and their brothers St John , Sully and Tarky and of course their parents Daddy-O and Ginger and then there is their grandmother known as Almighty. When Almighty declares that she hasn't gotten long to live she calls them all to a meeting and lets the family know that she has taken them out of her will and that unless they want to be left penniless when she passes, one of them has committed an offense against her and must confess to her in writing by New Years, The fun part is that all of them have and the Almighty is not going to name names. The book is split into 5 parts, the first is the Almighty declaring about her will and stating the requirements, the second part is Norrie's confession and how love caused her to walk out on what would have been the Almighty's celebration for Norrie , the third part is Jane's confession and how her act of rebellion and telling the truth about her family went further than she ever could of imagined it , the fourth part is Sassy's confession in which she believes that her act of being immortal caused Almighty's 5th Husband to die and finally the last part which had me in laughter is the true confession and trust me when you get to it and see what it is , you will be laughing at the confession and what the reason behind her disownment threat was :).




Comments

  1. I"ve been wanting to read this one for a while! I live in Baltimore and got a little obsessed with tracking down all of the Baltimore references in Standiford's How to Say Goodbye in Robot. This new one just sounds like a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid