Review: You Belong to Me - Karen Rose


When I recieved notification that one of my most favourite mystery authors had released another book, I just had to get my hands on a copy and thanks to Meredith at Hachette NZ , I was able too.


You Belong to Me

Review: You Belong to Me- Karen Rose - Jan 2011

"Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe. Who will be next? No one Knows..."

One of Karen Rose's specialities and little touches to all her novels , is her ability to use children's rhymes as part of tbe mystery aspect from her Count to Ten - 1,2,3,5,10 -- Ready or Not here I come to of course now with the Eeny miney moe , which funnily enough for me is actually how I pick my books to read off my pile as I always have so many,its a neverending job being a book reviewer, though not complaining as I love it and this is one of the reasons. 
Karen Rose is back and with a new detective whose transferred from Narcotics as we said our goodbyes to Daniel in the last novels. Meet JD , just transferred to Homicide and now one of his big cases , it seems that a serial killer is at large and is leaving the Coroner lovely surprises.
When Russ Bennett , shows us dead - Lucy just thinks that it's a coincedence , however when a next one dies -it starts to look like a pattern. It seems somebody is killing off the football squad which Lucy's older brother Butch was on and made MVP when they were in High-School.
The story starts to follow the same tale as made famous by movies such as "I know what I did last summer". Where all those years ago, the members of the Football team did something which ended a life and now somebody wants revenge and they are killing off all those involved and if they can't kill who was directly involved - second best is their parents or siblings and for Lucy since her brother died shortly after the incident, she's next on the list. Can the new detective JD who has something to prove to the team solve it before Lucy is six feet under and tortured?
Find out in You Belong to Me by Karen Rose.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid