Review: The Julian Game - Adele Griffin




Have you seen the movie "John Tucker Must Die" , where John played around with a couple of girls and one in particular decided to get revenge on him by making him fall for the new girl who was part of the group ? It's actually a really good movie and I ended up buying it ,which if you know me - isn't a big surprise as Im a books and movie kind of girl.
Anyway back to John Tucker, today's teen book "The Julian Game" by Adele Griffin
reminded me of the movie.


The Julian Game

Review: The Julian Game - Adele Griffin- August 2010

If you caught my little intro at the top , I found "The Julian Game" by Adele Griffin -to be similar to "John Tucker Must Die" with a hint , thinking now more about it of "Mean Girls" which starred Lindsay Lohan pre- jail days.
What actually drew me to the book was the cover , I loved it too bits and It would have to be one of my favourite covers in a long time. From the girls blue hair which turned out in the book to be one particular blue wig that plays a huge part in the novel to her green gloves and with the chess board in the background , it reminded me like she's getting ready for war. The second thing this cover did for me personally was it inspired me , my next colour for my hair . I have a thing of dying my hair bright colours and have been a darker blue called Blue Suede and Purple - Purple Haze and Green - Enchanted Forest and my most recent colour was a pinky-red called Wildfire. My next colour will be Atomic Turquoise by Manic Panic and imagine how turquoise-y it will  come out on blonde hair.
Back to "The Julian Game" by Adele Griffin , what started as two girls fun at becoming non-invisibles became a game of revenge for another. Natayla and Raye decided it would be fun to create a facebook page and a new identity in order to get the hottest guys in school to talk to them.
When Raye starts to tutor one of the Queen Bee's Ella Parker in Chinese , she hopes this is her way out of the invisibility cloak and into the world of popularity and parties. When Raye lets Ella into their little secret , there is just one guy Ella would love to get revenge on for humilating her , the most popular guy in school Julian Kilgarry. So "Elizabeth" aka Raye starts talking to Julian and soon though they are developing a great online friendship. So when Ella takes it to the next step and gets Julian hurt, Raye realises that it's gone too far. However Ella is known for her wild revenge side and Raye finds the coin has flipped to her? Can Raye with the help of her friend Natayla and new friend Henry Henry put a stop to Ella's antics ? Will Julian turn out to be Raye's Prince Charming or will that go to his best friend Henry ?.
Find out more in this easy to read and definitley keeps you entertained teen novel and it also shows you that with the internet alot can happen than what meets the eye. I loved how the author incorporated Facebook, Blogging and Posting comments to the novel.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid