Review: Shine - Lauren Myracle







Do you stand up for your rights and speak your mind ? This is one of the best Teen Books I have read in a while.

Shine

Review: Shine - Lauren Myracle - May 2011
When I saw that Lauren Myracle had a new book avaliable on Netgalley ( http://www.netgalley.com/) for review , I just had to have it as I have enjoyed her previous books and then as I started reading it, I realised that I would enjoy it even more as it touches the issue of not just homosexuality but the overall main issue for standing up in what you believe in and speaking your freedom , no matter what for the people you care about. I found the main Character Cat , to be quite a strong character and I really liked the book "Shine" because of this.
In Shine we are presented with the situation where Cat's best friend Patrick was beaten up severley for being gay and had the word faggot scrawled across his chest, it seems that many people of the small town Black Creek believe that he had it coming for him, however Cat sees differently and as his best friend she sees it as her duty to find out what really happened to him and to get those who had hurt him to pay for what they have done. Whereas the police have just ruled it as a hate crime and a random accident, Cat is determined to get to the bottom of it even it means isolating herself from those in Black Creek. Cat is determined to do anything and everything to get to the bottom of the truth.
This would have to be one of the best GLBT Books I have read.









Comments

  1. Omigosh, my publicist just sent this to me, and I am soooooo thrilled and honored and all that good stuff that you liked it! And that you "got" it, if that makes sense. You made my day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid