Review: A Black Girl's Poetry For the World - Kimberly LaRocca


Wanting a poetry book to read ?

A Black Girls Poetry For the World (Volume 1)
Review: A Black Girls Poetry for the World - Kimberly LaRocca-April 2011
I'm not sure about everybody else, but for me I've always found poetry hard to review as to each person a poem can mean something entirely different and a collection of poems touches people in different ways , in some instances poems that may touch somebody another person may not like or feel anything. For me, reading Kimberly's poetry and coming from the language and background of a New Zealander Pakeha , I found her poems to suit her own background and what I would imagine would be a Black person's way of speech etc , thus not being offensive but as I was reading through her poems , I imagined a Black person reading them and I was able to understand them more clearly than if say a white person like me was reading them. Kimberly's background and culture shone through her poems about Love and Life , the two important L's in all of our lives.
Whenever, I read poetry I am envious of the poets as they have found the ability to describe life's raw emotions and passions , a story as such in so few words. I'm one of those people that I tend to go on and on and my answers turn to paragraphs.
Kimberly LaRocca has had a lot of challenges in her life .Some she could not control and others she created but she stood tall and proud as you can see as you devour her poems one by one. If you like to read poetry then check out her book "A Black Girls Poetry For the World Volume One"








Comments

  1. Didn't know about this poetry book. Must have it. Need to count my pennies. Really want it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid