VBT# Imperium - Nicholas Olivio



Today's VBT# is author Nicholas Olivio and his new book "Imperium"

Cover for 'Imperium'
Synopsis: Imperium - Book #1 Caulborn Series - Nicholas Olivio- June 2011
When Caulborn Agent Vincent Corinthos is tasking with locating a group of missing paranormals, he begins with the usual suspects. Along the way he squares off against genetically modified gremlins, virus-spawned zombies and a horseman of the Apocalypse. But it’s only when he infiltrates a private medical lab that he realizes just how big of a threat he’s facing, and just how much is at stake.
Vincent Corinthos leads a triple life. As a secret agent, he handles paranormal threats; as a god, he protects his followers from evil forces; as a stock clerk, he keeps the back room of an antique store tidy.
When one of his fellow agents goes missing, Vincent begins with the usual suspects. His investigation reveals that Boston’s latest supernatural threat is also waging war on his followers, and has diabolic intentions for the city’s paranormal citizens.
Now, with the aid of a new partner and a gremlin, Vincent must locate the missing agent, defend his followers and learn the identity of his adversaries before they can revive a malevolent force that’s been dormant since World War II.

Author Links:
Twitter - @NicholasOlivo
Website - http://www.nicholasolivo.com
Buy links: Amazon / Smashwords

Author Guest Post :
Overcoming Nightmares
I’ve had an overactive imagination for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid and would shut the lights off, the shadows in my room became monsters that would eat me if I got out of bed to pee. The heating system’s pipes would bang in the middle of the night, and the dark turned those sounds into the poundings of Frankenstein on the other side of the wall. Everything was more sinister in the dark, and everything from vampires to flesh eating lemmings suddenly populated my house when the sun went down. It didn’t matter if I had read about a monster, seen it in a movie, or heard about it from someone else, once the lights went out it was coming for me.
Then I started writing, and something changed.
I found if I wrote about a nasty critter, I wasn’t scared of it. I had no fear of the vampires in my stories. Frankenstein-esque creations no longer bothered me. Werewolves were suddenly much more bark than bite, and zombies became... well, kinda pathetic, actually.
Thing is, if you create something, you have control over it. It doesn’t matter if it’s your hero, your villain or your monster, it’s yours. Which means you can change it however you want. You want to make vampires allergic to Big Red gum? Go for it. Ghosts can’t cross thresholds lined with dirty gym socks? Knock yourself out.
My urban fantasy novel, IMPERIUM, features a lot of supernatural nasties that gave me nightmares as a kid. Vampires, werewolves, gremlins, zombies and more. Thing is, I’m not scared of them anymore. In fact, there are a handful of them that I’d probably hang out with. If you’d like to learn more about IMPERIUM and my world, head on over to http://www.nicholasolivo.com.

Thanks for having me, Paula!

Comments

  1. The book sounds fantastic...and, being that I am a horrific scaredy cat, I think I should try my hand at horror like Nicholas said and solve my own problems! It really is awesome advice when you think about it. I used to watch all the 'behind the scenes' extras on especially scary DVDs to try and make them easier to watch. But if I made the scary stuff my own? There's an idea! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid