Review: Saving Hope - Margaret Daley


Looking for an Edgy Christian Fiction ?
Review: Saving Hope -Book #1 Men of the Texas Rangers - Margaret Daley -March 2012
When I first opened this book , I actually thought it might have been a Western type novel but as I got stuck into it , it immediately drew me in as I love novels that push the boundaries of everyday Christian fiction and also the main setting of a home for wayward teens is something that I admire and I have a passion for one day working in one.
Saving Hope starts with a midnight call to Rose - a teen staying at the Beacon Hope Home from an old friend Lily , we discover from the phone call that Rose used to be involved in Prostitution and Drugs. The phone call ends up being a set-up as when Rose arrives , her old pimp King is waiting for her. 
Meanwhile, Kate who runs the Beacon Hope is worried about Rose and hopes she hasn't returned to her old life , when Kate gets a phone call about their van which Rose took and the body of a dead girl , Kate's heart jumps that it may be Rose but alas it doesn't end up being her. Soon though , more girls turn up dead -ones that had connections to Rose.  Enter Wyatt -the Texas Ranger , Can he and Kate work together to find Rose and save her before it;s too late and she too finds herself six feet under ?
A novel that shows to us that no matter who we are God still loves us and that there are others out there who still care for us even in the midst of danger.
A series that I am looking forward to continuing as I really enjoyed the way that Margaret touched on the Edgy topics at hand in the novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid