One Year Anniversary - I Loved You First - Reena Jacobs



Welcome readers , Here on The Phantom Paragrapher we love to celebrate author's works and especially promote the works of Indie Authors which as reader's will know I have featured quite a few on my site.
Today readers marks a special day for one of those authors who a year ago I reviewed her book " I Loved You First" and now readers we are here to celebrate it's first anniversary.
 


Review: I Loved You First - Reena Jacobs - July 2011
Wanting to check out a really good LGBTQ novel ? One that is aimed at Teenagers and in both African and Caucasian Viewpoints ? I Loved You First tells the story of two college students Seth Richards and Alex Carmichael. One is gay and the other straight , One male and the other female , One Black and one White. Alex and Seth have been friends forever and now reaching college-aged Alex is in love with her best friend Seth , though of course she knows that she can never be with him that way and that he will always look at her as a sister or close friend. The novel takes place during their college partying days as we follow Seth who is still in the closet and Alex his ever faithful sidekick. Seth is the kind of guy who has used the girls as beards and Alex every time he picks up a girl -hopes that he will use her , allow her to pretend. During rush week and a party at the fraternity, Seth is roofied and ends up revealing to the world that he is Gay and what follows is the aftermath of the effects as we see Seth on the edge of killing himself and Alex whose finally met a guy who actually wants to date her - torn between the new guy and Seth. Can the two of them work out where they stand with each other and can Alex be there for Seth or will she be too late to say Goodbye ? Be prepared for twists and turns as Seth's revelation leads many more characters and ones that surprised me to come out of the closet per se.



Readers :
Be In The Draw to win lots of prizes including books, book vouchers etc.
Open Internationally and All you Have to do is Share a quick story about The Person You Admire.
Click on the Link Below.


















Comments

  1. I admire mostly my parents especially my mom. She does her work perfectly. She is a multitasking person,a gov't employee and has a part time job of selling products. I <3 <3 her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire my boyfriend. He's so kind, intelligent, and hilarious. I love watching him share his knowledge. It's obvious when he gets really into a subject -- it's cute! And he has so much patience for me and I really value that <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire my mom. She's been through so much and she still stays positive and supportive. Also she's an inspiration to me when it comes to taking chances and making the best of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire my parents. They work hard for us to have a good future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really and truly admire my parents, from whom I have learned so much, ans still am learning so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire anyone strong enough to speak their mind, and confident to live life the way it should be done. Basically, I really admire my parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's not a real person, but I admire Yuna, from the Final Fantasy X video game. I grew up with her always as my idol, from the time I was six until now. Maybe she's not real, but she was my role model and I wanted to be just like her. She was selfless, self sacrificing, brave and fearless while being able to admit to fear and not let it take her down. She was willing to die for the freedom she so desperately believed in, even if it meant she never got to experience it. She did what was best for everyone else before herself, and she was always the kind of person I wanted to be. She was quiet without being a pushover. I made it my life goal to be like her by the time I was her age; seventeen, and here I am, still imperfect and not exactly what I want to be. But I'm lucky to have had that influence in my life and character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire my parents who immigrated to the US in hopes of a better life for me. They are strong people who have instilled in me many values (plus a love for reading.) They have made me a confident person.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire my best friend, who is loyal and supportive and has an amazing personality and can always cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally admire my best friend. Her loyalty is irreplaceable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire my mom. She had a tough life growing up and always tried to make our life better than what she had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I admire mostly my mother. My mother is the strongest person I know. She has been through great difficulties in her life. But whatever happened, she has survived through them and She has tried her best to give us a better life and love.
    Artemis

    ReplyDelete
  13. It amazes me how many people admire their parents. My mother is at the top of my list also. During my youth (now also), she was a hard worker. She came from a little town in the middle of nowhere. So poor, all she had to eat was soy beans her brother stole from fields. After my parents divorced, she worked her butt of to put herself through school while raising my brother and me. Full-time student and employee, and she still had time to make me feel like the most important person on the planet.

    Thanks for sharing your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A year ago I would have said my mother. She was a young mother who still went back to school to pursue what she really wanted. However due to a recent revelation that she has been a hard core drug user has diminished that. Now I admire my step-father. He has bent over backwards to try to help my mother. He has always been really good to all of us but this is going above and beyond. He is paying for treatment and holding her hand through the whole process!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admire my parents, but family aside, I really admire two of my grade school teachers. Both were single ladies who put their heart and soul into teaching. They made it fun to learn and inspired me to want to be a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doodle Bug ~ It's always a bummer when folks we love fall short. We have a few family members who've hit a few bumps also. I'm just so thankful we have those who love us to help us patch the pieces back together.

    Sophia ~ Teachers make the world go round. I wonder if they realize we think about them years, decades down the road.

    Thank you for sharing your readers with me, Paula. It was wonderful reading about the special someones who touched lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid