Review: On the Island - Tracey Garvis Graves




 
First off I just love and want to do a big-shout out to the great book club called BA that I belong to on Facebook as without them I would not have discovered some amazing new books and also met "well FB met" some great authors who have become friends like the amazing Tracey Garvis Graves.
Review: On the Island - Travey Garvis Graves - September 2011 (original date) - Reprinted bv Penguin - August 2012
Belonging to the facebook group I do , I had seen the book "On the Island" talked and talked about but had not gotten around to reading it and then I had received when her book was happily snatched up by Penguin an ARC of the print version. So talking to a friend the other day, I decided to sit down and finally read "On the Island" and I really didn't know what to expect but as I got into it , I was like OMG this is totally amazing. On the Island features two main characters Anna and TJ. Anna has been hired to work as TJ's tutor for the Summer in the Maldives islands as TJ has had Cancer and missed alot of school. The story begins with them flying over the ocean when their small plane ends up crashing and the pilot dying. Anna and TJ end up being castaways, lost on an deserted island.  On the Island chronicles their journey and experiences on the deserted island and we see them being stuck in the island as one year passes, another one and eventually three years have passed. Without giving too much of the story away, this is a book that everyone has to read and it will be a good idea to keep a box of tissues next to you , as I'm not normally a crier in books but there was one scene near the end of the book that had made me have tears rolling down my cheeks.
For those who loved the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks , The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio , Nim's Island with Abigail Breslin and now the hit TV Show Green Arrow will really love the premise and story that Tracey Garvis Graves has put together and I highly recommend this to all to read.

 
 
 

Comments

  1. I didn't know what to expect from this book either! It was a "light" read, but so well put together. It wasn't boring or stock standard to other romances. I love how daring it was and as a Castaway and Lost fan, I think it was pre-programmed I love this book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid