Review: This Girl - Colleen Hoover




Review: This Girl - Book #3 Slammed Series - Colleen Hoover - April 2013

One of the new things that many people would have noticed with this New Adult genre is the re-telling of the stories from the others POV. Same story, just a different viewpoint. I have discovered the perfect solution on how not to feel like you are re-reading the story.  How to do it is to take a break between reading the books. This is what I did with the Slammed series as I adored Books #1 and #2 and then when I saw that Colleen had released a third one , I got it immediately and then it has been sitting on my e-reader for almost a year. I finally got around to reading it and I enjoyed it as much as I could as those who know me , understand that unless the book is OMG FREAKING AMAZING then I do not re-read stories as the excitement for that story disappears once I finish the book. 
This Girl by Colleen Hoover is Book #3 in her Slammed series which feature Lake and Will. In this book , they are finally celebrating their long-awaited honeymoon and on their first night, Lake asks Will to tell her about his past. Starting from the moment his parent's died and leading up to asking Lake to marry him.  There are quite a few repeated moments in This Girl as we would have read in the previous books but also new moments like what happened prior to Will meeting Lake - mainly the break-up between him and Vaughn after his parent's car crash.
I strongly recommend to readers, not to read This Girl unless you have read the previous two books in the series and only read this if you don't mind repetition and also if you are like me and want to make sure you have finished the series.
 Another great hit by Colleen Hoover :)


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid