Review: One Kick - Chelsea Cain




Review: One Kick - Book #1 Kick Lannigan Series - Chelsea Cain - August 2014

One of my favourite authors is Chelsea Cain , I have loved her books ever since I first opened the first in the Gretchen and Archie series. Her mystery series have kept me entertained , so when I saw she had released a new book - One Kick. Despite all the author antics lately on Facebook , I knew I had to read it. One Kick reminded me of the theme of The Face on the Milk Carton or the latest MTV show Finding Carter. We discover that Beth is in fact Kathleen Lannigan and she was kidnapped when she was six by a group of sexual offenders. Now five years later she has been rescued and trying to learn how to be a survivor. Now at twenty-one she has spent her life being a survivor and trying to help other children that have been kidnapped. When two new cases arrive , it sets Kick into a whirlwind of emotions especially since the cases are connected to her abductors or the guy she called "Dad" who is now sitting in prison dying. One Kick was a good book that is aimed more at a Young Adult to New Adult audience and fans of her Gretchen and Archie series should enjoy the introduction to new character - Kick Lannigan. I am looking forward to seeing which direction that Chelsea Cain takes this series.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid