Review: Hit - Lorie Ann Grover




Review: Hit - Lorie Ann Grover - October 2014

First off , since I am such a cover crusher I have to say that this book has one of the most awesome covers I have seen in a long time and has definitely been added to my pinterest board of covers. This was also an amazing book to read as it touched on a couple of edgy topics. The novel starts off with Sarah who is off to school and her interests lie in the poetry class taken by Mr. Haddings. She develops a crush on him and we see that it isn't just one-sided , that he has feelings he is trying to deny. The novel then jumps to the day of the accident and Sarah is hit by a car , it turns out that the driver of the car was Mr. Haddings. So begins, from both Sarah and Mr. Haddings POV the next three days as they both come to terms with not only what has happened with the accident, but the lead -up to events which has lead them both to develop feelings. I have to say this book though had half characters I liked and a few characters that I disliked. I like the characters Sarah and Mr. Haddings as despite what had happened Sarah was forgiving. One of the main characters which I didn't like was Sarah's friend, as she was horrible towards Mr. Haddings which made me wonder if she was jealous of their friendship and her brother Luke was such a jerk, he could have been nicer to her face but he was really an arsehole and I understand her mum wanting to be around her, but come on I felt like screaming at her and saying listen to your daughter.
Overall this was an amazing story and I look forward to reading and discovering more of Lorie Ann Grover's writings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid