Review: Return to Glory - Sara Arden




 


Review: Return to Glory - Book #1 Home to Glory Series - Sara Arden - August 2014

I have to admit before I picked this book up, it wouldn't have been the type I normally go for as to me it screamed a romance novel, you know the sort that are really lovey-dovey and they have that Harlequin type feel to them. The main reason I did pick up this book was because the author Sara Arden (pen name) is an author whose other books that she used different pen names for are ones I enjoyed and I thought I am going to support this author.  As I started reading it though, I was captivated and knew I was in for a treat as from page #1 the reader is captured with the main character playing russian roulette with a gun and we have to wonder why he is doing this. We soon learn that this book is about two main characters Jack and Betsy and I have to also say that I loved the name Betsy as for her character it fitted perfectly and gave her a sort of wholesome feel.  Jack has returned home from the War to the smalltown of Glory , but he is far from the same guy he was when he left those many years ago.  Betsy has always loved Jack ever since she was a little girl, he has always been her hero and after a failed attempt in Paris at culinary school, she returned home to Glory and opened up a bakery. With the return of Jack, Besty hopes to tell him hoe she feels and re-ignite their relationship. This is going to be one heck of a challenge though as Jack is reluctant to let anyone get through the walls he has put up for himself. During this book , it was a feel-good read and at one point I have to say I was like NOOOOOOOOOO as I had gotten to love the progress of Jack and Betsy and in walks Marcel - the guy from her past and Paris. Not to give anymore away, I shall finish with this - if you love Southern Charm and Smalltown Romances that have a Sweet but Edge underlining problem , then Sara Arden's Return to Glory is the book for you as when you read this, you too will fall in love with Jack and Betsy and their story.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid