Review: Strange Magic - Part #1 - Michelle Mankin



Review: Strange Magic - Part #1 Magic Series - Michelle Mankin - January 2015

Well, this is one serial that you will certainly be in for a bumpy ride with as you are plunged into a world filled with ghosts, demons and musical magic and of course this book is set in one of my favourite places in America - New Orleans - though I've never visited there yet, it is definitely on my bucket list to visit due to it's rich history and of course Mardi Gras season. Strange Magic starts off with one of my favourite book themes - Music with Billy Blade, a new and upcoming Country Singer. We learn that he has a gift or curse depending how you view it , that when he plays his harmonica - the tune raises the dead . During one of the songs he catches a glimpse of a girl asking for his help with Violet eyes. 
The book then flips to introducing a new character and one who becomes the main character for Strange Magic Part #1 Thyme Bellarose , she lives in New Orleans with her grandmother after her mother dumped her when she was young and works with her making the best and most creative Ice-Cream in all of New Orleans, when I was reading some of the flavours - I could feel my mouth starting to water.  We learn she has a boyfriend named Shane and that Thyme keeps being asked to sell by the Hot Spot owner Leon - whom as soon as I read his name and his description I could envision a creepy and sleazy guy who as I read the scenes he starred in, he made my skin crawl. Thyme discovers she is different and that she is needed for a ritual and discovers the identity of her father. As soon as I turned the last page, I went and one-clicked the next part as this is one book that I could not put down. Another fine job by writer extraodinaire Michelle Mankin.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid