Review; The Haunting of Sunshine Girl - Paige McKenzie





Review: The Haunting of Sunshine Girl - Paige McKenzie - March 2015

One of the things I have discovered this year was Web series that have been created on YouTube and one in particular that I enjoyed was called The Haunting of Sunshine Girl, so imagine my excitement when I discovered that it had been transcribed into book format. As I read it , I could see all my favourite characters coming alive and I have to admit I fell more in love with the story and more connected to the character's emotions and feelings. The book starts with Sunshine's birthday and we notice that their is a ghost watching her and that soon she will be exposed to the supernatural world and readers wonder why she hasn't already. We then learn it's because she was adopted , Sunshine and her mother then move to a smalltown and a creepy town it is indeed and strange things start occurring . Sunshine's mother has never believed in the paranormal and thinks that it's her daughter's way of rebelling. As the book goes along , Sunshine meets Nolan and discovers things about her past and that she has strange powers tucked away and that she will have to embrace her past in order to conquer the demons that are at bay , either that or she will fail and the ones she loves will perish as those who have fallen before her.  I am hoping since this book did end on a major cliffhanger that the author will work with the director and writer of The Haunting of Sunshine Girl and continue the series.
This is the perfect book for fans of Paranormal Activity but also love the mother/daughter interactions that viewers have seen on shows like Gilmore Girls.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid