VBT# Stages & Thieves by Danielle-Claude Ngontang Mba





Review: Stages and Thieves - Book #5 Stages and Thieves Saga - Danielle-Claude Ngontang Mba - February 2015

Often when you are sent books to review for tours etc, you don't know what it's going to be like until you open it and start reading it . For me , this book sounded interesting - though I was a bit cautious as I noticed the character's name was foriegn and often for me personally I can find this a bit daunting and it makes the book less enjoyable. However , aside from that I found myself enjoying Stages and Thieves as we are transported to an emotional rollercoaster ride as the main character Detective Semya has lost her soulmate and is burying herself in work as the only way to comfort the grief she is feeling.  If that wasn't bad enough , she can't have time to feel sorry for herself as she is pregnant with his child and now she must learn and figure out how she will raise this child into a world without her father. Her friend Pollihannah is also suffering and now watching her best friend fall into a dark hole isn't doing the best for either of them , so when a new job pops up on their radar- they both jump at the opportunity to thrust themselves into work and track down a ring of art thieves. This was where the book got quite involved and a tad busy with the plot but it made for enjoyable reading and reminded me of the Stephanie Plum plots which often house many tangents. I do advise that if you can read the other books before this one, it will make better sense to you as in parts, I felt a bit lost and confused but once you start reading Stages and Thieves you won't be able to put it down and you are definitely in for a bumpy and emotional action-paced rollercoaster ride with Book #5 in the Stages and Thieves Saga.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid